Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.12-rc6-V0.7.48-00

From: K.R. Foley
Date: Fri Jun 10 2005 - 08:36:53 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

# CONFIG_DEBUG_RT_LOCKING_MODE is not set

it seems to work fine. With the above enabled it hangs on both of my SMP systems as described above. :-/

ahh ... i'll try to reproduce it that way.

found the bug - it was the incorrect initialization of debug_slock/rwlock. I've uploaded -48-02 with the fix. This release also includes a new debugging feature: CONFIG_DETECT_SOFTLOCKUP, which works similar to the NMI watchdog but detects soft (==no reschedules) lockups. I've also converted a few more local_irq_*() calls to raw_local_irq_*() calls.

Ingo

Sorry for not reporting back sooner on this, I just kept getting interrupted. My problems seem to be resolved on my SMP systems, even when

CONFIG_DEBUG_RT_LOCKING_MODE=y

I should note that I didn't actually try with the version above because it had been updated before I got to it.

--
kr