Re: [ANNOUNCE][RFC] PlugSched-5.1 for 2.6.12-rc6 and 2.6.12-rc6-mm1

From: Peter Williams
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 19:11:59 EST

Con Kolivas wrote:
On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 03:25 pm, Peter Williams wrote:

The patch of PlugSched-5.1 for 2.6.12-rc5 applies cleanly to 2.6.12-rc6
and is available at:

Hi Peter

The recent fix that Ingo posted for the changes to pipe code affects significantly the behaviour of the mainline scheduler and should be incorporated as soon as possible. Staircase has undergone substantial revision in response to this change, fortunately to its advantage removing all that extra code I added to your last plugsched version. Anyway here is a patch committing Ingo's pipe signalling changes, and the update to staircase 11.3 in line with those changes. None of this changes the way the other cpu schedulers behave but it may be worth investigating how the pipe changes affect the behaviour of the ones you maintain.

Thanks. I've incorporated this patch plus some modifications to the Zaphod scheduler to take advantage of the TASK_NONINTERACTIVE flag into v-5.2 of PlugSched for 2.6.11, 2.6.12-rc6 and 2.6.12-rc6-mm1 kernels. Patches to upgrade v-5.1 to v-5.2 are available at:

<http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cpuse/plugsched-5.1-to-5.2-for-2.6.11.patch?download>
<http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cpuse/plugsched-5.1-to-5.2-for-2.6.12-rc6.patch?download>
<http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cpuse/plugsched-5.1-to-5.2-for-2.6.12-rc6-mm1.patch?download>

I noticed when doing this conversion that I had botched the propagation of your staircase 11.2 patches into the 2.6.12-rc6-mm1 kernel and anyone using the staircase scheduler in that kernel is advised to upgrade to this patch.

Peter
--
Peter Williams pwil3058@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-- Ambrose Bierce