e1000 not working using 2.6.11

From: John covici
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 15:07:56 EST

Hi. I am not getting good results on a box I have which uses an Intel
Pro gigabit Ethernet driver for its network connection. What happens
is that I get messages like watchdog xmit timeout and lots of errors
out of ifconfig. Here is the listpci entry for that card. It works
under the other OS, so I imagine the hardware is OK.

0000:01:0b.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82540EM Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 02)
Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 3013
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 19
Memory at e7000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
Memory at e7020000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
I/O ports at b400 [size=64]
Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
Capabilities: [e4] PCI-X non-bridge device.
Capabilities: [f0] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-

Any assistance would be appreciated.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici