Fwd: Virtual Terminal switching problem with a 2.6.10 kernel with a ruby patch

From: kenoti maembe
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 09:51:08 EST

Am working on a dual head project for my final year project at the
university of nairobi in kenya and come across a discussion where it
was stated that the linux kernel (by then 2.4) does not allow for two
or more virtual terminals to exist concurrently..I have a few
questions I would like to ask
1. Is this still the case with the 2.6 kernel? Thought of working
through these by creating a new XFree86 and using the XFree86
prefbusid patch from.from http://www.ltn.lv/~aivils/ bt still only one
vt works at a time.
2. Have tried to assign devices to the different vts but cant seemt to
get a way to assign the usb keyboard.All input device modules and usb
modules are load in the kernel so dont understand what the issue is.

CPU: Athlon 1200+
RAM: 384Mb
Videocards: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 (AGP), S3 Tio (PCI)
Motherboard: Via
Keyboards: one PS/2 keyboards, one USB keyboard
Mice: one serial, one USB
Monitors: 17'', 15''
on a mandrake 10.0

Thank you all.