Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.12-rc6-V0.7.48-00

From: Paulo Marques
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 09:46:38 EST

Michal Schmidt wrote:
[...]
The build fails with inconsistent kallsyms data:
[...]
SYSMAP .tmp_System.map
Inconsistent kallsyms data
Try setting CONFIG_KALLSYMS_EXTRA_PASS
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

When I enable the workaround CONFIG_KALLSYMS_EXTRA_PASS, it works.
This is on i386, Debian Sarge. I'm attaching my .config.

This is probably just bad luck and a known problem that I'm trying to fix (but hadn't have much time lately).

Can you try to change the line:

#define WORKING_SET 1024

in scripts/kallsyms.c to:

#define WORKING_SET 65536

and disable CONFIG_KALLSYMS_EXTRA_PASS, to see if the problem goes away?

It it does go away, then it is the same problem, and I'm working on it...

--
Paulo Marques - www.grupopie.com

An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be
made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr (1885 - 1962)