Re: NUMA aware slab allocator V2

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 11:23:50 EST

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Dave Hansen wrote:

> I think I found the problem. Could you try the attached patch?

Ok. That is a part of the problem. The other issue that I saw while
testing is that the new slab allocator fails on 64 bit non NUMA platforms
because the bootstrap does not work right. The size of struct kmem_list3
may become > 64 bytes (with preempt etc on which increases the size of the
spinlock_t) which requires an additional slab to be handled in a special
way during bootstrap. I hope I will have an updated patch soon.