ChangeSet 1.2072, 2005/02/03 17:04:37-08:00, schwidefsky@xxxxxxxxxx
[PATCH] s390: qeth network driver
From: Steffen Thoss <thoss@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: Frank Pavlic <pavlic@xxxxxxxxxx>
qeth network driver changes:
- Improve performance by omitting svs.
- Use function callback mechanism to set layer 2 parameters when getting
a reply for a Layer 2 command.
- dev->hard_header must not be NULL when fake_ll is no set since
IPv6 and Layer2 needs the default function set by network stack.
- ping6 works now when running in layer 2 mode.
- Save original dev->hard_header to restore it when the user doesn't
want to use fake_ll anymore.
- Fake ethernet header in outgoing packets. This currently works
only if qeth is compiled without ipv6 support.
- Add more debug information in case of failures in qeth_set_offline.
- Using fake_ll with HiperSockets devices results in misaligned
ip packets and thus no traffic over HiperSockets.
- Start qeth_remove_device only after the qeth recovery completed.
Signed-off-by: Martin Schwidefsky <schwidefsky@xxxxxxxxxx>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxx>