Re: argv null terminated in main()?

From: Aleksandar Milivojevic
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 08:54:12 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
On Iau, 2004-09-16 at 22:26, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
The question is, after call to execve() system call, and after new image is loaded, is argv (as passed to main() function of new program) NULL terminated or not in Linux?

Yes. execve is documented in SuS v3 which you can find on the web. See
also info glibc which does have a lot more information on other useful
extensions like saved argv0 copies.

Thanks for quick answer. I didn't know to which degree was Linux SuS v3 compliant, so I said better to ask ;-)

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx> Pollard Banknote Limited
Systems Administrator 1499 Buffalo Place