Re: ALSA in 2.6 -- no snd-au8830?
From: Joshua Kwan
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 00:05:44 EST
On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 07:53:36PM -0800, Joshua Kwan wrote:
> $SUBJECT. The driver seems to be present in alsa-driver but not the
> in-kernel version. Is it very new? Does it need to be converted? Is it
> deprecated in 2.6 in favor of a better driver? May I help out?
Let me eat my words. Here is what I did to get it working (at least for
1. Check out alsa-driver from CVS.
2. cp -r alsa-driver/pci/au88x0 /usr/src/linux/sound/pci
3. edit Kconfig to add SND_AU8830 entry
4. edit Makefile to add au88x0/ subdir for obj-$(CONFIG_SND)
5. edit au88x0/Makefile to remove 2.4 build cruft
And it works! :) I can submit a diff if desired.
Description: Digital signature