Is there a kernel configuration option to disable the filling of struct siginfo member si_fd?

From: Peter Asemann
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 11:36:14 EST

Be greeted!

I'm awfully sorry to bother... but I've got a question I nowhere found an
answer to. So here it is:

In a previous mail to this list (
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0307.1/1088.html ) I asked how
to make use of the si_fd member of the struct siginfo in case I use the
advanced form of a signal handler.
Thanks to the nice people who answered my request, I was able to write a
program using the si_fd member in case it gets a SIGIO so it doesn't have to
use select.

Now I found that some machines I have access to have custom 2.4 series
kernels which do not fill in the si_fd member of the struct siginfo.
As it's perfectly possible that these custom 2.4 series kernels which also
include some hacks are broken in some way,
I'd like to know if there is a kernel configuration option to disable the
functionality that the si_fd member of struct siginfo is filled in - so it
was possible the guys who compiled the custom kernels just didn't select the
appropriate options, so that'd be why the kernels don't work the way I'd like
them to, and I can easily fix everything by recompiling the kernels with some
extra option selected.

Or is there no such option, so the fact the si_fd member is not filled in
definitely means that the custom kernels are broken, and the reason is that
the people who built in the hacks did something wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Peter Asemann