Re: [RFC] Class-based Kernel Resource Management

From: NIWA Hideyuki
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 20:55:02 EST

Hello.

I tried ckrm (Class-based Kernel Resource Management) patch.
I am very interested in ckrm.

However, I found the following problems.

1) Both of ckcpu and ckmem could not be applied at the same time.

I corrected the patch by hand.
Is it impossible to use both at the same time?

2) When rbcemod of the module is compiled, "ckrm_cpu_change_class"
becomes an undeclared symbol.

I modified kernel source kernel/class.c and export "ckrm_cpu_change_class":
EXPORT_SYMBOL(ckrm_cpu_change_class);

3) The bash process newly executed dies one after another when rbadmin
is executed.

The value of the argument "cls" of the "ckrm_cpu_change_class"
function might be NULL.
Therefore, the NULL pointer dereference occurs when it
starts changing the class of the bash process.

best regards,
NIWA