RE: Intel ICH5 APIC, ACPI problems in 2.4

From: Brown, Len
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 17:47:05 EST

Jeff,
I've seen word of a similar failure on VIA 8235, but on those I've got
neither the hardware nor the chipset documentation -- it would be great
if I could get this to fail on hardware I actually have...

BTW. The latest stuff in
http://linux-acpi.bkbits.net:8080/linux-acpi-2.4 should be able to boot
with acpi=ht, or you can build with just CONFIG_ACPI_HT, and that will
give you HT without any other parts of ACPI. Though if the platform has
no MPS, this option leaves the platform in XT-PIC mode since it doesn't
do IOAPIC discovery.

Feel free to dump the usual info into a kernel.org bug under
component=ACPI and assign it to me.

Thanks,
-Len