On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Jeff Chua wrote:
* paging_init() sets up the page tables - note that the first 8MB are
* already mapped by head.S.
* This routines also unmaps the page at virtual kernel address 0, so
* that we can trap those pesky NULL-reference errors in the kernel.
* We will bail out later - printk doesnt work right now so
* the user would just see a hanging kernel.
... does that mean the gzipped fs can only be <8MB? That could explain why
the ram6MB.gz worked and ram8MB.gz doesn't.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sat Aug 31 2002 - 22:00:30 EST