Dynamic Probes v3.6 is released.
Dynamic Probes is a generic and pervasive debugging facility that will
operate under the most extreme software conditions such as debugging a
deep rooted operating system problem in a live environment.
Highlights of v3.6 include a new DProbes C Compiler that allows you to
write probe programs in a C-like language and integrated support for
S/390 platform. Avaiblabe at the project website:
- New with this version is the DProbes High Level Language compiler
dpcc which enables you to write RPN probe programs in a
C-like language. Checkout dpcc/ dir in the tarball for details.
- DProbes for s390 integrated into this package
- new patches/ directory containing all the kernel patches.
- kernel patch is split into multiple files. We now have a patch with
all arch-independent mods in a core patch, along with a patch
for each architecture (currently i386 and s390). You need to apply
the core patch first and then the arch-specific patch for your
- Make RPN IO instruction related code i386-specific as s390 does not
- Up JMP_MAX to 65535, dpcc needs this.
- Sync up kernel hooks code with version 1.6.
- Documentation updates to for s/390 arch.
Vamsi Krishna S.
Linux Technology Center,
IBM Software Lab, Bangalore.
Ph: +91 80 5044959
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Fri Jun 07 2002 - 22:00:15 EST