Uz.ytkownik Jens Axboe napisa?:
> On Wed, Apr 24 2002, Martin Dalecki wrote:
>>OK I assume that the oops happens inside the ide-scsi module.
>>This will be fixed in one of the forthcomming patch sets.
> Are you sure this isn't just due to ->special being set, and
> ide_end_request() assuming it's an ar? From ide-cd, that is.
Yes I know it's all the same. However unfortunately
it's *not easy* to back out the ->special use from
the drivers that do it. We have the following sutuation:
1. Generic BIO code checking for ->special and deciding whatever
it should trying to merge request or not.
2. Gneric ATA code setting ->special for ata_request passing.
3. CD-ROM ATAPI code using ->special for passing packet commands
and failed commands.
4. ide-scsi using it for the same purspose as CD-ROM
5. ide-floppy not using it at all buf abusing the ->buffer member
for precisely the same purpose.
And unfortunately there is *no* easy solution for any of the
above circumstances without breaking far too many things.
The conclusion simply is: unless the above issues are fixed
the TCQ stuff has simply to be backed out again anbd live
separately from the main code chain. :-(.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to email@example.com
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Tue Apr 30 2002 - 22:00:10 EST