Re: Tyan S2462 reboot problems

From: Andrew Burgess (aab@cichlid.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 14:17:51 EST

> what (which config option) could be the reason for a reboot hang on a
>S2462 (2x1900MP, 2GB, BIOS 2.09) between POST/BIOS and LILO?

You don't say what kind of disk controllers but 2.4.18 was broken with
respect to error handling and Promise IDE controllers. I have one flakey disk
that would reboot a new machine after a few minutes activity. 2.4.19pre6 just
prints an error message, retrys and gos merrily on it way.

So if you have Promise chips maybe try switching boot drives?

HTH

Andrew Burgess