Re: RFC2385 (MD5 signature in TCP packets) support

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 17:53:06 EST

There is no reason to not be doing this MD5 garbage in
userspace. Whoever thought to do this in the protocol
itself was smoking something.

And if people want encryption they can use ipsec. And if
ipsec is broken it should be fixed because adding a new
abomination to MD5.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I see no reason this MD5
stuff belongs in the protocol and not in the APP.