Cryptoapi on 2.4.17 (2 patches)

From: Zygo Blaxell (umsfalfb@umail.furryterror.org)
Date: Wed Dec 26 2001 - 17:03:58 EST

I have two patches, one for cryptoAPI (current CVS) and one for the
Linux kernel (2.4.17).

The cryptoapi patch fixes a silly symbol name bug. The
patch for the Linux kernel changes the default lo_iv_mode to
LO_IV_MODE_SECTOR--otherwise, the patch is just a straightforward port
of the patch in cryptoapi/doc in cryptoavi CVS.

I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a way to set lo_iv_mode from
user-space, not even with a module or kernel command-line parameter.
Is this just one of those features that isn't implemented yet, or did
I miss something?

The patches seem to work: I can swap on an rc6 encrypted partition
using the patches, and I can create an ext2 filesystem on an rc6 loopback
file, copy some data to it, unmount, losetup -d, losetup -e, mount it
again, and _still access the data afterwards_. Whee!

This still doesn't completely work for encrypted swap because somebody
(who shall remain nameless, but whose name rhymes with socks) seems to
have "lost" the kreclaimd kernel thread. I thought I would try to get
someone else to look at this before tackling that problem...