This patch (made against linux-2.4.4-pre5) makes several changes to the rwsem
(1) It fixes the bug found by Andrea by changing how processes that are
waiting on the semaphore are managed.
(2) As a result of (1), the wake_up_ctx() stuff is no longer used and has
(3) Contention handling in this rwsem implementation is now faster as a
result of (1). The increase from slightly to a fair amount depending on
(4) The asm-i386/rwsem-spin.h implementation is now gone. i386 CPUs will use
the generic implementation instead.
(5) The asm-i386/rwsem-xadd.h has been subsumed by asm-i386/rwsem.h since
there's now only one i386-arch optimised version.
(6) Some alpha-arch fixes have been applied.
(7) The sparc64-arch optimised implementation has been updated to fall in
line with (1).
(8) The generic implementation now has a single spinlock which it uses both
for waiting process management and for guarding access to the counter.
I'll have a look tomorrow at making the generic spinlock implementation
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Mon Apr 23 2001 - 21:00:38 EST