1. I am unable to mount loopback block devices using kernel 2.4.2.
2. Using the 2.4.2 kernel, the mount command freezes while trying to
/dev/loop0. Further, the mount command will not die even with kill -9.
I have not experienced this problem in kernel 2.4.1 and below; however,
experience the problem with 2.4.2-pre4.
3. Keywords: loopback block mount
Linux version 2.4.2-jah01 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release))
#2 Fri Feb 23 21:54:34 PST 2001
5. No Oops.. message
6. The specific command I'm using is...
mount -t iso9660 -oro,loop=/dev/loop0 /mnt/cdrom /apath/animage.iso
On my system, the above command will hang until reboot. I can change
virtual terminals etc. However, after the above command is issued, no
filesystems can be mounted/unmounted until the system is restarted
(even the shutdown hangs while trying to unmount all filesystems).
7. No modules loaded (e.g. loopback, nic, sound compiled directly into
Thanks for your help. Please let me know if you need any additional
-- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Jonathan Hart =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to email@example.com More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Wed Feb 28 2001 - 21:00:07 EST