Re: make mrproper

From: Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@zmailer.org)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 09:21:45 EST

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 09:00:26AM -0500, James Lewis Nance wrote:
> [...]

   It does refer to Procter&Gamble household cleaning product
   titled "Mr Proper", which apparently more recently has been
   renamed as "Mr Clean". (Or who knows how international companies
   decide on what to call the products where...)

   A semi-joke which may or may not make sense to people depending
   on if they have seen the adverts that at least Finns have seen..
   (I guess it was american advertisement dubbed into finnish.)

   "'make clean' is simple soap wash, 'make mrproper' cleans also
    tougher stains by using stronger solvents; user is advised to
    protect themselves."

/Matti Aarnio