Re: ramfs problem... (unlink of sparse file in "D" state)

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 10:35:32 EST

> > > Add UnlockPage(page) at the end of ramfs_writepage().
> > Shit. You are quite fast. Works.
>
> Sure, especially considering the fact that patch was sent to
> Linus about a month ago (several times, actually)... ;-/

Its in all the -ac trees 8)

BTW Al: We have another general vfs/fs problem to handle - which is exceeding
max file sizes on limited file systems. Pretty much nobody is getting it
right. Ext2 can be tricked to go past the limit, sys5 1k sits there emitting
printk messages etc.

Any objections to me putting max file size for an fs (in pages) into the
superblock ? An fs can still implement weird rules by putting large values
in that and doing its own checks.