today I released a new VM patch with 4 small improvements:
- fixed proc_misc.c compile warnings (Albert Cranford)
- try_to_free_buffers() now actually /frees/ the buffers
after doing synchronous IO on them ...
- move pages with page->count==2 to the inactive_dirty list
in deactivate_page() ... this way we'll move a page to the
inactive_dirty list even while we're holding an extra
reference count on the page (system runs smoother now)
- remove the ugly goto from refill_inactive_scan(), use a
This patch seems to make the system run a little bit smoother
under load. Please try it and tell me if/how it works for you.
-- "What you're running that piece of shit Gnome?!?!" -- Miguel de Icaza, UKUUG 2000
- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Fri Sep 15 2000 - 21:00:26 EST